Ladies vintage custom made 14ct yellow gold, emerald and diamond dress ring, set with one pear shaped emerald in a four claw white gold setting, light green in color (GIA pantone scale) and 5 round brilliant cut diamonds with a total estimated weight of 0.18ct, I color and I2 clarity.
The stones are set in the fold of a tapering band 4.7mm - 20.5mm wide, with the wider section of the band cushioning the side of the stones, which are set perpendicular to the band.
A dramatic and interesting one of a kind design, typical of the avant-garde styles of the 1980's.
If you appreciate style, design and color, then you are sure to enjoy wearing this interesting designer ring.
Total Estimated Diamond Weight: 0.18ct
Size of Emerald: 7.75mm x 5,22mm
Weight: 10.7 gm
Size: USA & Canada 6½ , UK & Australia M1/2, Europe 53.
Identification Marks: Stamped 14K
Did You Know?
- The Story Behind This Ring
- This ring was cherished by a lady who was engaged in 1970 to a very loving man who had a wonderful eye for things that were unique, special and one of a kind. He spoiled his beautiful bride with unique pieces of jewellery as he believed she was special. He enjoyed the search for interesting pieces and he enjoyed planning ahead for special occasions, especially if he had a piece commissioned. This ring was gifted in 1984 as a birthday present, making this ring over 35 years old.
- A stone of inspiration and infinite patience.
- It is known as the stone of "successful love" as it brings domestic bliss and loyalty. For more information refer to the Crystal Bible.
- The development of the brilliant cut was the result of the study for decades on how best to use the play of light in a stone to give it the optimal play of brightness, fire and scintillation.
- Marcel Tolkowsky (1899-1991), wrote a book published in 1919, Diamond Design, in which he discussed his mathematical study of how light performed within a round brilliant diamond.
- A brilliant cut diamond has 57-58 facets.