9 ct yellow gold and garnet dress ring set with one 4 mm round mixed cut garnet and eight 2 mm round mixed cut garnets in a round, multi claw head with raised shoulders on a 1.75 mm D-shaped band.
The garnets are a lively deep red color with a lot of scintillation.
A pretty dainty ring for a feminine look.
Weight: 1.4 gm
Size: USA & Canada 6 ¾, UK & Australia N
Identification Marks: Stamped with a full English hallmark indicating that it was assayed in Birmingham 1972-1973
Did You Know?
- The word garnet is derived from the Latin word for pomegranate as the rounded crystals found in garnets are similar to the red kernels of the pomegranate.
- Garnet is a powerful energizing stone. It is often used for revitalizing, purifying and balancing energy.
- It is a great stone to have in a crisis as it fortifies, activates and strengthens the survival instinct, bringing courage and hope.
- A Hallmark
- A mark stamped or struck onto gold, silver or platinum in Great Britain and some continental countries to attest the purity of the metal.
- A British hallmark includes a makers mark, an assay office mark, a standard mark (to attest to the metal purity), a date letter (to show the date or year of the assay)