Antique pinchbeck oval cluster brooch claw set with 31 dark blood red garnets in three concentric circles diminishing in size towards the centre oval garnet, 5mm x 6mm in size.
For a vintage look this garnet brooch with provide the perfect look.
A C-clasp is fitted on the back.
Date: circa 1890
Weight: 7.3 grams
Dimensions: 31mm x 27mm
Did you Know?
- Garnets have been worn and admired through out the ages and it is believed that the name is derived from a Latin word granum meaning 'grain, seed' which could be a reference to the vivid red seeds of the pomegranate.
- In truth the garnet comes in a variety of colours except blue.
- Ancient folk often believed the garnet empowered the wearer with truth, constancy and faith and wore the garnet as protection against being struck by lightning.
- Today it is believed that the garnet can heal physical and emotional energy and is very often used to cleanse and re-energize the chakras.
- Whatever you believe the power of garnet to be, it is certain that garnet is the birthstone for those born in January.